Friday, August 04, 2006

Ebonics... Vocabulary Test

Instructions: Use each of the following 8 vocabulary words in a sentence.

1. ‘CATACOMB’:
“I saw Don King at da fight the other night. Man, somebody get dat catacomb."

2. ‘HOTEL’:
“I gave my girlfriend crabs, and the ho tel everybody.”

3. ‘DICTATE’:
“My girlfriend say my dictate good.”

4. ‘FORECLOSE’:
“If I pay da alimony today, I got no money left foreclose.”

5. ‘RECTUM’:
“I had two Cadillacs, but da bitch rectum both.”

6. ‘DISAPPOINTMENT’:
“My parole officer tol' me if I don’t show up for disappointment at 3 p.m.today, they gonna throw my ass back in da joint.”

7. ‘PENIS’:
“I went to da clinic da other day. The nurse handed me a cup and said “penis”.”

8. ‘ISRAEL’:
“ Tito try to sell me a Rolex. I say, "Man, it look fake" He say, "Bullshit, that watch israel".”

---------------

BONUS WORD: Furthering your education with Today's Ebonic word:

Today's Bonus Word is: ‘OMELETTE’

"I should pop yo ass fo what you jus did, but omelette dis one slide."

No comments: